Thursday, June 18, 2009

A book you should all read

Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert (MTV Books, July 21, 2009). I just finished it a couple nights ago in a few teary, overwhelming, inspirational hours. Wow. What words can I say to accurately describe this book and its power to you all? I'm still struggling to write the review, to write something that can do it justice. This should be required reading for every urban teenager,or  anyone who's ever felt lost or betrayed or alone. Publication is still a couple of weeks away, but I just wanted to say this right now, before all the hubbub over the actual release date and the Traveling to Teens tour occurs. You should definitely check this book out.

9 comments:

  1. I definitely will! I've been looking for something really inspirational to read! Thanks for recommending it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. I'm so glad you like Stephanie's writing. She rocks! :) I gotta read this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stewing in jealousy juices...grumble, grumble, grumble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read my copy of I WANNA BE YOUR JOEY RAMONE....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to this one, and the fact you loved it makes me even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI, STEPH SU! PLEASE COME BY BOOKIN' WITH BINGO AS I HAVE AN AWARD FOR YOU..I AM TRYING TO RECOGNIZE SOME OF THE BLOGS I HAVE FOUND MORE RECENTLY THAT I ENJOY AND HAVE MADE SUCH AN IMPRESSION ON ME. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a great read. Excellent review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun review. I really need to read my ARC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when I know my review could never encompass the awesomeness of a book.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...