Monday, February 1, 2010

A Multicultural Literacy/Charity Opportunity!

The young and fabulous Ari at Reading in Color emailed me about this wonderful program, and I'm sharing the news with you. Ari and I are both really passionate about spreading awareness of multicultural literature (although she has been a lot more active about it than sad, sad me). This combines several of my interests, and you'll be sure I'll be checking out ways I can help!
PaperTigers will be announcing an important new project that aims to put a selected set of multicultural books into the hands of children in areas of need in different parts of the world. The project is called "Spirit of PaperTigers" and will be announced officially today, February 1, at http://www.papertigers.org. Please consider checking it out, and seeing if you may be able to help in any way possible!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting about this!

    I think you do a pretty good job of promoting multicultural lit. You're one of the few people I can get really excited about Asian main characters with! On that note, Gateway by Sharon shinn was decent =/ I was hoping for the whole 'Chinese girl on an action-y adventure.' yeah not so much. Oh well. Can't wait for the Agency :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so excited to read what you have to say. Due to high amounts of spam, I'm forced to disabled anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and I hope you can understand and still appreciate the content here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...